Introducing the ‘Fundraises’ data set
We are excited to announce our new Fundraises data set. We look forward to seeing how the analyst community makes use of it. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us via X DMs or firstname.lastname@example.org to share feedback and questions.
Let’s dig in!
- What? A data table with granular information on ~2,400 (and counting!) fundraising rounds in crypto.
- Why? It’s important to understand which market sectors and projects have received the most/least funding and from whom.
- So what? Being on top of the funding landscape in one’s industry is an invaluable asset for both investors and operators; know where to source new deals, co-investors, business, etc.
Why was the Fundraises data set created?
We created the data set to provide both investors and operators with additional information to support their due diligence and business development efforts.
Some examples of how the data set can be used:
- Great startups move fast. See when a startup has raised funding, and how fast that has converted into onchain business activity.
- What have the leading funds invested in? “Don’t just listen to what they say, pay attention to what they DO.”
- A hot category & a lot of money raised = extra pressure to deliver great returns. If you’re looking for a shortlist of projects that have an economic incentive to go public onchain, this is it.
How to read the Fundraises data set?
The Fundraises table might look a bit overwhelming at first glance, but breaking it down column by column makes the interpretation of the data a lot easier.
A walkthrough of the different columns, from left to right:
- Project: Celestia
- Round type: Series A
- Round date: 2022-10-20
- Round value: $55m
- Project main category: L1
- Project add. categories: Infrastructure
- Lead investors: Bain Capital Crypto, Polychain Capital
- Investors: Coinbase Ventures, Jump Crypto, Placeholder, Delphi Digital, etc.
- Description: Celestia is a stripped-down layer 1 blockchain that focuses solely on ordering transactions and making the data for transactions available. The blockchain does not handle smart contracts or perform computations. Instead, these are functions Celestia’s model outsources to rollups or other blockchains, a core component of its flexible, modular design.
- Source: www.coindesk.com/business/2022/10/19/crypto-unicorn-celestia-labs-raises-55m-to-build-modular-blockchain-network
- Website: www.celestia.org
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/CelestiaOrg
New data! The data table will be populated with new funding rounds each day.
We are extremely excited about the new Fundraises data set, and look forward to seeing how the analyst community makes use of it. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us via X DMs to share feedback and questions.
The authors of this content, or members, affiliates, or stakeholders of Token Terminal may be participating or are invested in protocols or tokens mentioned herein. The foregoing statement acts as a disclosure of potential conflicts of interest and is not a recommendation to purchase or invest in any token or participate in any protocol. Token Terminal does not recommend any particular course of action in relation to any token or protocol. The content herein is meant purely for educational and informational purposes only, and should not be relied upon as financial, investment, legal, tax or any other professional or other advice. None of the content and information herein is presented to induce or to attempt to induce any reader or other person to buy, sell or hold any token or participate in any protocol or enter into, or offer to enter into, any agreement for or with a view to buying or selling any token or participating in any protocol. Statements made herein (including statements of opinion, if any) are wholly generic and not tailored to take into account the personal needs and unique circumstances of any reader or any other person. Readers are strongly urged to exercise caution and have regard to their own personal needs and circumstances before making any decision to buy or sell any token or participate in any protocol. Observations and views expressed herein may be changed by Token Terminal at any time without notice. Token Terminal accepts no liability whatsoever for any losses or liabilities arising from the use of or reliance on any of this content.
Stay in the loop
Join our mailing list to get the latest insights!
- Re7 Capital: investing in DeFi, yield, liquid venture, risk management, data, valuation | Fundamentals ep.79
Re7 Capital: investing in DeFi, yield, liquid venture, risk management, data, valuation | Fundamentals ep.79
In this episode, we’re joined by Evgeny Gokhberg – the founder of Re7 Capital – a fund that specializes in DeFi R&D and liquid crypto investment strategies. We delve into the vast arena of DeFi, exploring everything from generating yield to managing risks.
- The fundamentals of Avalanche
The fundamentals of Avalanche
In this week's research piece, we focus on the current state of Avalanche's product, business model, financials, usage, competition, and more! Avalanche is a smart contract platform for decentralized applications (a blockchain). Avalanche was founded by Emin Gün Sirer and launched in 2019.
- Angle's stEUR: Earn the Euro risk-free rate onchain
Angle's stEUR: Earn the Euro risk-free rate onchain
Pablo Veyrat, the Co-Founder of Angle, walks us through how stEUR is critical in the vision Angle is trying to push for, by laying down the permissionless and fully transparent foundations for a Euro risk-free rate onchain.